Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Poor Danielle's Almanack

It has been an extremely long pause between then and now. My bad!

These are my predictions of trends that are going to be BIG BIG BIG very soon. Just watch and see.

  1. Naming your daughters after the Golden Girls (either their names in the show, or their names in real life). This is obviously going to be the next big baby naming trend. Just think about it! You can only name your children out of madlibs grab bag book for so long. It has to come back... Blanche and Dorothy?! Estelle? I'm not saying you are limited to those "four previously married women living together in Miami, sharing their various experiences together and enjoying themselves despite hard times." Just names that scream OLD LADY/born in the 1920s. Maybe like Pearl, Etta, Mildred, Doris, Bernice.... Trust me on this. I pray for daughters so I can start this soon to be hot and happening trend.
  2. GALAXY Print. Ok so we just had like leopard print, and like plaids maybe? But I predict that the milky way and the cosmos are going to be HUGE!!!!! We are in the 21st Century right? Shouldn't we be living on the moon? Shouldn't Skynet have already become self aware?! The robot apocalypse should be well underway! Reach for the Moon, and if you miss, you will still end up among the stars, or something like that. Give me a freaking pair of these bitches and I will wear them, regardless of what HAL tells me to do.
  3. Mermaids! Again, sort of a no-brainer. The sexy vampires and werewolves are all sparkled out. Unicorns are already too burdened with rainbow colored irony. And do you remember the Little Mermaid!!?! WHO DIDN'T LOVE THAT?! I even had the whole set of sheets. And then remember when the Priest got a boner when he was marrying them?!! And the sheets had the castles that looked like penises?!?! I can't believe I spent a large portion of my childhood sleepy time cocooned in cock-castles under the sea. It's almost too awesome to really grasp. Anyway, mermaids are the new thing. The only problem is, they are usually female, right? And like tween girls like sexy men-children. Maybe the vampires and werewolves will stick around, but they will fall in love with mermaids. That is probably what we are looking at for the next ten years of YA literature and movie franchises. Also, they will inevitably remake that oscar-worthy mermaid movie we all love, SPLASH!! They will get some great and talented actress like Megan Fox to play Daryl Hannah, and probably get Tom Hanks' son to play... Tom Hanks' son. Sure to be epic!

OK! That is all that my divining skills will allow me to see of events to come for tonight. The damn pollen is blocking my sight into the futureeeeee.

1 comment:

lumpkin jennings said...

I'm a real mermaid. getting more popular by the minute