Monday, May 02, 2011

Day 1: Boycott Sham Poo! Demand Real Poo!

First, Osama Bin Laden was killed last night.  He was trending on twitter hardcore.  HAHA I ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THAT! (about twitter trending, not that guy getting killed).  I am merely stating this for reference, so when I forget about this blog for 2 years, then come back to it, I will be like Oo yeahh that. 

Onto the main story!

Sue and I like to try things! We like to take personal adventures, based on the rantings of lunatic internet personalities, and see just how disgusting we can be by following their advice.  For instance, and actually the only other time we did this, we decided to try the Master Cleanse.  Bad decision!  I think I made it three days, but it really makes people uncomfortable when you are not eating, are constantly slurping a disgusting looking beverage, and are using the restroom bi-hourly.  It also made ME uncomfortable.  I wasn't exactly hungry, but by day three my teeth were about to fall out of my head.  Lemon juice apparently destroys all the enamel on your teeth, which is apparently really important unless you are a fan of dentures.

Anyway!

The point is that at the end of last week, like on Friday, Sue and I decided to quit shampoo.  At the rock solid advice of some fashion blog, we are embarking on a new, extra lazy haircare routine.  I have been sort of doing this for a while, but using hippie-dippy shampoos that don't have any SLS in them, and washing my hair once like every 3 days, but just think - NO SHAMPOO?!!  It really sounds like an awful idea.  As people with professional-ish jobs where we have to deal with clients, it's pretty smart that we are gonna go around looking like greasy hobos for a few weeks.  This is right on par with being a weirdo and refusing solid foods whilst Master Cleansing.   O right, also, no hair products allowed.  And the humid humid Baltimore/DC summer is already starting.

So the last time I used my hippie-dippie shampoo was on Friday, and then the next time I got my hair wet was this morning, Monday.  I bought an economy sized box of baking soda, and whipped out my apple cider vinegar, and I "washed" and "conditioned" my hair.  The baking soda tingled, and the vinegar... smelled like a salad.  I think Sue is using lemon juice instead of vinegar - she might be onto something.  However, lemons now remind me of the Master Cleanse and make me gag, and I am still on speaking terms with salad.

This is me looking disheveled and slightly greasy. I am gonna try to take pictures to see just how vile this gets.  The thing is, I am definitely going to be using dry shampoo.  I know that is probably cheating, but just until my head adjusts... (sounds suspiciously like the whole "releasing of toxins" thing that happens with the MC).  The grossest part will definitely be the bangs, and I am just too vain to allow them to become matted to my forehead.

The whole celebration of the death of Osama bin Laden has been totally overshadowed for me by my shallow self indulgence in haircare, or lack thereof. #whitegirlproblems

I will do my best to faithfully report my findings, and then make an informed conclusion, with Sue's help, about whether or not this is something legit, or something for only the crazy and/or paranoid.  Until next time!!!

No comments: