Sunday, May 08, 2011

Food of choice: Marshmallows

Its time. Its time for me to explain all the different types of marshmallows there are and how I incorporate them into my everyday life. For instance, today I had two marshmallows (Safeway brand). One was roasted on the stove and another I ate plain. The one from the stove incidentally set off the fire alarm which alarmed my boyfriend’s sister. She must not be used to people making fire hazards in the sake of marshmallows.
Moving on! There are so many different types but for the sake of clarity I will only go into my top ten.  
Number one:
Circus peanuts: I like these for their color and their texture. When you eat one, you need another. Every time I eat them, it’s like my mouth forgot how good they can be. And then I end up eating a whole bag of them in one sitting. They are best from 7-11 or royal farms. That’s where they are freshest. The 50 cent pacakeged ones.

 




2.Marshmallows from the lucky charms box. As Joanna's dad can attest, the marshmallows are my favorite part. If it were up to me i would make the it 75% marshmallow and 25% cereal. I think if it were up to most people, they would agree. The marshmallows are soo good! even without milk. They have a nice crunch that gets stuck in your teeth when you eat them dry. i heard from a reputable source (Danny Markus) that you can buy just the marshmallows in bulk. WHERE IS THIS POSSIBLE AND HOW DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT IT??? if you do know of a source for these, please tell me.

3. Whats next? standard marshmallows from safeway! these off-brand marshmallows are much better than the name brand jet puffed kind. They have some extra dusty stuff on them which i find to be delicious. it is! take my word for it. I'm clearly the expert in this kind of stuff.



4. Fluff. Fluff is delicious too. it is especially good in hot chocolate because its already kind of liquidy so it just coats the top of the drink. Delicious! once i was going out with a guy who didn't agree with my marshmallow habit and he deliberately farted in a jar of fluff! we didn't break up for that reason but we prolly should have.



5. artisan Marshmallows: i don't understand the point of these. Marshmallows are as low brow as you can get and should remain that way. I have found that the cheaper the brand, the more delicious. This doesn't apply to all foods of course but in terms of marshmallows, cheaper is better.






 6. peeps: not a fan, unless roasted in the microwave. in that case they get better and their shapes look like bloated fat people.
6a. As my boyfriend wisely pointed out, I forgot to mention how delicious peeps are roasted over an open fire sandwiched in between one of my other favorite foods: chocolate cookies from Lexington Market! these cookies are so delicious i used to eat them before paying in the grocery store. sadly, they know longer sell them in regular grocery stores. Now you have to go to lexington market to get them. also, inevitably they taste like rancid oil because they are either so old, the oil has gone bad or they were made with old cheap oil which was horrible to begin with. Despite this small dissapointment, i still eat them. Danielle even claims they taste like baking soda! she's prolly right but she also thinks Tums taste good.



7. The marshmallow man from Ghostbusters: I know this was supposed to be an evil character but when i was younger watching this movie, i could not contain myself. that would be like my greatest dream come true. a huge being made completely out of marshmallow??? and then it explodes and everyone is covered in it! i would just lick myself whenever i got hungry. it could still happen. most movies are factually based. right?

No comments: